Ref. no. 25/19
PRRECI/AWPB&PP 2019: C 1.15/126.96.36.199
The Consolidated IFAD Programme Implementation Unit (CPIU-IFAD) was created in the 2000 year by the Government of Moldova to implement the rural and agricultural development programmes funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development, based in Rome, Italy. The CPIU-IFAD it is implementing two ongoing projects Inclusive Rural Economic and Climate Resilience Programme (IRECR) and Rural Resilience Project. For the implementation of projects activities, CPIU-IFAD conduct procurements for civil works, goods, consulting and non-consulting services, accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and Guidelines.
Now CPIU-IFAD project is seeking an individual consultant (here and after “Consultant”) to assist CPIU-IFAD Procurement specialist. Procurement assistant will work under the direct supervision of CPIU-IFAD Procurement Specialist, and will be responsible for the support of all procurement related tasks as required by the procurement specialist, under his/her close monitoring, in compliance with the requirements and regulations of IFAD Procurement Handbook and Guidelines.
In particular, the Consultant shall perform the following:
1. Assisting the Procurement Specialist to consolidate requests for procurement of goods, works, technical and consulting services;
2. Assisting the Procurement Specialist in reviewing the submitted procurement packages (documents) from the companies for conclusions of contracts with selected vendors /suppliers and preparing draft approvals for the conclusion of contracts;
3. Ensuring that procurement of goods, civil works, and services under Loan and Grant Agreements are implemented in accordance with the provisions of the Loan and Grant Agreements, IFAD Procurement Guidelines and Handbook;
4. Assisting the Procurement Specialist in keeping an effective system for monitoring of procurement process and contract implementation on behalf of the CPIU (recording the dates of all important approvals, contract awards, amounts etc.), as well as an adequate system record keeping system to ensure the quick finding of procurement information;
5. Assisting the Procurement Specialist in preparing: procurement documents (e.g., invitations to bid, standard bidding documents, bid clarification and eventual amendments, bid evaluation reports, etc.); obtain timely relevant approval for procurement documents etc;
Duration of the Assignment
Procurement assistant is expected to commence services initially for 1 year on a full-time basis, including 3 months’ probation period with possible extension based upon satisfactory performance. The assignment is likely to be extended depending upon satisfactory performance of the outputs envisaged in the TORs.
Qualification and Experience
- Higher degree in a suitable discipline preferable in public procurement, economics, law etc;
- At least one (1) year professional experience after acquiring stipulated degree and qualification preferable in public procurement, economics, law or related field;
- General/professional experience associated with the implementation of projects financed by the World Bank or another international donor, public institutions, commercial banks;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Romanian;
- Excellent IT/computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Strong organizational and task management skills;
- Effective time management skills and ability to complete given tasks perfectly within the given time.
Interested individuals must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter; (ii) CV in English ; and (iii) References (Recommendation Letters). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than May 24, 2019, 11:00.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Selection of Individual Consultants (ICS)” procurement method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (issued on 19th of August, 2010).
Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time).
Consolidated Programme Implementation Unit (CPIU-IFAD)
1303, bd. Stefan cel Mare și Sfînt, 162,
Chisinau, MD-2004, Republic of Moldova
Tel/Fax: +373 22 22 50 46
Contact person: Ms. Nadejda Russu, Procurement Specialist