Ref. no. 26/19 PRRECI/AWPB&PP 2019: C 1.16/188.8.131.52
The Consolidated IFAD Programme Implementation Unit (CPIU-IFAD) was created in the 2000 year by the Government of Moldova to implement the rural and agricultural development programmes funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development, based in Rome, Italy. The CPIU-IFAD it is implementing two ongoing projects Inclusive Rural Economic and Climate Resilience Programme (IRECR) and Rural Resilience Project. For the implementation of projects activities, CPIU-IFAD conduct procurements for civil works, goods, consulting and non-consulting services, accordance with the IFAD Procurement Handbook and Guidelines.
Now CPIU-IFAD project is seeking an individual consultant (here and after “Consultant”) to regulate project procurement and contracts.. Procurement consultant will work in close collaboration with respective of technical specialists of CPIU, Bidd Reception and Opening Committee of CPIU-IFAD, Bid Evaluation and Selection Committee of CPIU-IFAD, other specialists etc. with the purpose to prepare and manage procurement of goods, works, consultant and non-consultant services under investment component with ensuring the strict adherence to the procurement rules and procedures of the IFAD Procurement Handbook and Guidelines.
The overall objectives of this consultancy service are to:
- Strengthen the procurement and contract management capacity of the CPIU-IFAD in the execution of procurement and planned contracts of Inclusive Rural Economic and Climate Resilience Programme (IRECR) and Rural Resilience Project through the provision of procurement and contract management expertise advice and support;
- Oversee that all contract correspondences of the CPIU-IFAD and actions are made in compliance with the relevant contract agreements, stipulations, documents, and international standards, in a timely manner; and,
- Ensure procurement and contract management processes are carried out in compliance with the Financing Agreement, IFAD Procurement Handbook and Guidelines and their associated Regulations.
Duration of the Assignment
Procurement and Contract Management Consultant is expected to commence services initially for 1 year on a full-time basis, including 3 months’ probation period with possible extension based upon satisfactory performance. The assignment is likely to be extended depending upon satisfactory performance of the outputs envisaged in the TORs.
Qualification and Experience
- At least five (5) years of professional experience after acquiring stipulated qualification preferable in Procurement and Contract Management or related field;
- At least two (2) years experience in acquisitions based on the World Bank procurement procedures, contract management/implementation, and reporting procedures.
- Higher degree in a suitable discipline, preferable in public procurement, economics, law, etc;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Romanian;
- Ability to take necessary decisions even under pressure;
- Strong organizational and task management skills;
- Effective time management skills and ability to complete given tasks perfectly within the given time.
- Excellent IT/computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Outlook.
Interested individuals must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter; (ii) CV in English ; and (iii) References (Recommendation Letters). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below not later than May 24, 2019, 10:30.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Selection of Individual Consultants (ICS)” procurement method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (issued on 19th of August, 2010).
Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time).
Consolidated Programme Implementation Unit (CPIU-IFAD)
1303, bd. Stefan cel Mare și Sfînt, 162,
Chisinau, MD-2004, Republic of Moldova
Tel/Fax: +373 22 22 50 46
Contact person: Ms. Nadejda Russu, Procurement Specialist