The Consolidated IFAD Programme Implementation Unit (CPIU IFAD) was created in the year by the Government of Moldova to implement the rural and agricultural development programmes funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development, based in Rome, Italy. The CPIU IFAD it is implementing two ongoing projects Inclusive Rural Economic and Climate Resilience Programme (IRECR) and Rural Resilience Project (RRP).
The CPIU IFAD will recruit a full-time national consultant engineer, hydrologist, with a strong background in engineering in water supplies, with experience interpreting hydrological data and performing analyses for determining possible water supplies, controlling river flooding, construction of lakes and water harvesting reservoirs.
The overall objectives of this consultancy service are to:
- Implementation and monitoring of the activities related to infrastructure development within on-going projects, namely projects for the construction of irrigation systems and the construction of lakes. This entails the preparation and monitoring of Annual Work Plans and Budgets (AWPB), progress reports, analytic reports; management reports;
- Manage the infrastructure Contracts in accordance with project design documents, ensuring budget realisation as per approved Annual work plans, coordinate all infrastructure development activities and ensure complementarities with other programmes and projects.
Duration of the Assignment:
Irrigation and water harvesting Infrastructure Development Consultant is expected to commence services initially for 1 year on a full-time basis, including 3 months’ probation period with possible extension based upon satisfactory performance. The assignment is likely to be extended depending upon satisfactory performance of the outputs envisaged in the TORs.
Qualification and Experience:
- MSc degree in Water Supply Engineering, Hydrological engineering, Irrigation system or other relevant specializations.
- Have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience, management, design and construction of small-scale community infrastructure (water supply network, irrigation infrastructure or related fields).
- Have at least 1 years’ experience working with international funded projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken Russian and Romanian. (English will be an advantage).
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to complete given tasks perfectly within the given time.
- Excellent IT/computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Outlook.
Interested individuals must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet the minimum required experience criteria above. Submitted information shall include: (i) Cover Letter; (ii) CV in English language; and (iii) References (Recommendation Letters). Requested documents must be delivered to the address below not later than June 17, 2019, 16:30.
The Consultant will be selected based on the “Selection of Individual Consultants (ICS)” procurement method.
Interested individuals may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 08:00 – 17:00 (local time).
Consolidated Programme Implementation Unit (CPIU-IFAD)
1303, bd. Stefan cel Mare și Sfînt, 162,
Chisinau, MD-2004, Republic of Moldova
Tel/Fax: +373 22 22 50 46
Contact person: Ms. Nadejda Russu, Procurement Specialist